Sunday, March 30, 2008

I love taking pictures of people eating.

Here are a couple: (above) My mom and dad eating some delicious bagels. ( In my book, there's hardly anything better for breakfast than a bagel with a generous schmear of cream cheese.) (below) Francesco eating maybe the best pizza in New York or anywhere: Grimaldi's. It's under the Brooklyn Bridge, and we had to wait in line for an hour, but it was worth it. Fresh sliced mozzarella, basil, the perfect sauce, thin tasty crust. I admit, the pepperoni was much better than the plain cheese... So it's #1 status can be challenged.

On a weird side note: I thought Grimaldi's was a one of a kind hole in the wall type place... but then I was staying with Caroline last weekend, and saw an ad for Grimaldi's "the famous Brooklyn pizzeria" in Las Vegas! I wanted to eat there, and make some kind of record for having eaten at both locations within the same week, but alas, did not get the chance. In -n- Out was calling.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that picture of your dad is hilarious!

amanda said...

mmm...in-n-out. i had that 3 times in 2 days when i went to phoenix for christmas.

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

yeah, my dad looks funny.he told me at first that i couldn't post it, but then i told him that since he didn't look fat or ugly in it, just funny, then i could post it. those are my rules. i don't mind looking funny, but i don't want to look fat or ugly. my dad laughed and decided to go along.

yeah. i only ate at in n out once in the 5 days i was there. what was i thinking?

Michelle said...

hi eva! how are you? i linked to you through amanda's blog. it's so nice to meet up with old friends through blogs. so, are you writing a book about food? sorry, i couldn't figure it out.

michelle (devera) thompson

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

hey michelle!

no- i'm not writing a book about food.. although that would be an interesting project one day. this is just a blog that kari and kirk and i started when we moved out here because we love food and got into cooking a lot. now we opened it to our other family members. anyway, i have another blog that is more normal. and one that is for my art stuff.

do you have a blog? how are you and ryan and ocean?

sproulpe said...

Eva,
You've been too busy and haven't updated this blog in MONTHS.....

Hope all is well, can't wait to see you and Kirk in a few months. By the way I'm at a teachers conference and they're teaching us about the web...blogs, wikis etc.....

Peter

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

i know...i've been a slacker. but, i do make occasional food type posts on my sycamore street press blog...there was a recent one on pigs-in-a blanket. don't laugh...too much anyways.

can't wait to hang out with you, too.