Thursday, February 4, 2010

Curries

We still are loving curries - Thai and Indian. Indian ones are our favorites to make.
Here's a couple we've been digging lately:



Actually, I can't remember what this one was called even - but we made it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it's going on our favorites list! Super yummy, with chickpeas, potatoes, and sweet potatoes in it. Aaron found the recipe in this awesome pressure cooker book. He's loving his pressure cooker.

And Rajma - kidney bean curry. We've made this one a lot.

I like it with a little plain yogurt and plenty of cilantro.

Both of these photos were spur of the moment - after I'd already started eating - sorry, but I was so excited at the yumminess that I had to share!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hear more about both of these, how did you make them? What's in them? I don't know much about curries besides a thai green curry i've made--tell me more!

kirsten said...

I'll get on that soon! I'll need to track down our fave curry cookbooks - one of them is here:
http://truemeaningoffood.blogspot.com/2008/12/dal.html