Monday, March 16, 2009

Lettuce Wraps

This weekend I was in the mood for some lettuce wraps - so we tried out this recipe.


We used ground beef instead of turkey (mushrooms would work great, but I am not a fan of them). Let's see, what else did we do differently... we chopped the water chestnuts, onions and pepper VERY fine and mixed it all together. We omitted the radishes and carrots - carrots are a go for next time, though. It was very tasty.

Aaron thought it needed more chili sauce and sugar in the meat mixture, but I thought it was good, esp. as I mixed up a little dipping sauce of soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and hot chili sauce. I thought that made it perfectly spicy.

The kids weren't total fans, but L loves lettuce, and T suffered through it.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Sounds yummy! Good for the kids for at least trying it.