Monday, February 16, 2009

Jeni's Ice Cream


Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream is one of my favorite places in Columbus. I hadn't been there in months, and Kirk took me last weekend. It's a local business who purchases most of their ingredients locally. They have some amazing flavors that aren't too sweet. (I got salted caramel with smoked almonds, aka gravel road, and black currant yogurt). They also have these amazing looking ice cream sandwiches...and everything from their logo to the layout of their shop is really nicely designed.

I will really miss this place when we leave Columbus. I judge all ice cream against Jeni's now....and not much of it measures up.

1 comment:

scuz said...

i think i went to this place with y'all!? they had curry ice cream, and squid, and licorice, and all sorts of crazy flavors. i dont really think they had squid...but who knows? maybe they will soon. what a tasty place to explore.