Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Brown Bag Deli


This is one of our neighborhood delis. (I love that we live in a neighborhood where I can say that.) I had a half grilled cheese sandwich that had cheddar and havarti cheeses AND Granny Smith apple slices. My salad had cranberries and gorgonzola cheese and grilled chicken and a balsamic vinaigrette. All in all - it was delicious.

Now Kirk, on the other hand, didn't like it that much. His "Russian vegetable" soup was only mediocre, and he says the portions were too small. It's true that his little cup of soup was small compared with my half salad...and didn't look that great. Not that he would have liked what I ordered either. He hates when fruit is included in savory dishes. He says he'd rather eat garlic ice cream than pineapple on a pizza. Okay...

-eva

4 comments:

amanda said...

i don't really like pineapple on pizza. i just don't like my pineapple to be hot. it should always be cool and refreshing. or freshly cut from the jungle or something.

but...i love apples with cheese. and that sandwich sounds delish. i wish i had a neighborhood deli. those are pretty nonexistent in the suburbs though.

eva jorgensen said...

i admit that i am not that into pineapple on pizza, either. but i do love fruit in salads and apples with cheese.

Christine said...

I just want that sandwich:cheese and apples,the perfect combo.

Anonymous said...

ok! i'll admit it. i'm a fan of the pineapple and pizza. it's not something that i would personally order, but my dad loves the 'hawaiian' and i've just had an insanely crazy week at work, as has the entire office, and our reward is pizza. you should see how many checks there are for ham & pineapple. it's actually pretty funny.
i'm also going to have a slice, and i'm going to love it.