Saturday, January 16, 2010

potato tacos!

Mix together:
2 medium sized potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
*1/2 to 1 cup chile sauce (el pato is good, but I used my homemade kind)
*1/2 to 1 cup cotija cheese (it's a hard, salty, crumbly Mexican cheese, I found it at Food 4 Less)
cumin, salt, garlic powder, tiny bit of oregano
*These amounts have a wide range b/c I don't know what I put and b/c you could just do it to taste, as long as the potato mixture is a good consistency to spread on a tortilla--not runny, but not too stiff.

Make guacamole:
roasted jalapeno with seeds and pith (?) removed
a few grape tomatoes
lots of fresh lime juice
salt, pepper, paprika
4 avocados

Thinly chopped cabbage (or lettuce, if you prefer)

Soften corn tortillas with tiny bit of oil and heat in a pan. Or just heat if you have a non-stick pan.

Put fillings in tortillas as desired. Delicious!

No comments: